Saturday 5 February 2011

Deadline - Good Idea or Sudden Death?


Okay, it's official. I really must have gypsy blood in me. 

I'm preparing for my fifth move in three years. Sound a lot? It isn't to me.  I've lived on my own since I was sixteen. When I say alone, I mean out of my parent's house. (Room-in-a-house sucks FYI) Before I met my husband I moved house twelve times. In less than ten years I've lived in seventeen houses. That sounds excessive.

And here I am about to do it again. And I'm not going to say this is it - no more moving for years. My little boy is two and has lived in three different houses so far - shortly about to be in number four. Every move Hubs and I have made I've said this is it - no more moving for ages and ages and ages. And six months to a year down the line we move again. So this time I'm saying nothing.

I thought it would be fun to set myself a little challenge. If things go to plan, we will be moving in four to five weeks. I'm working on a manuscript I was determined to finish the first draft of when we moved the last time, seven months ago. It is only recently I've started working on it again. So this time, I'm determined to get it presentable and whole by the time we move again. And trust me, there is a lot of work involved with this one.

In a lot of ways, it is my most simplest of ideas...simplest of books. But as is easy reading, there is damn hard writing behind it. There is a lot of research involved - including planning a massive cross-country road trip. Never fear, Road Trip USA is here! Well, it will be once Amazon delivers it, anyway. 

So...anyone want to spur me on? Shout encouragement from the sidelines? Please? I could use it! Honest!

Tell you what - I will  do it. I will finish. I'm determined, after all. 

Plus it will give me something to do whilst putting off packing. 

1 comments:

Nic 6 February 2011 at 08:49  

Deadlines are always a good idea.

Fooling ourselves is so much fun.
LOL

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wench Writers

Wench Writers

My Awards

My Awards

Counter

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP