Saturday 12 February 2011

Book Review: The Nearly-weds


What's the worst thing that could happen to a blushing bride? To somebody warm, loving, and fun - like Zoe Moore? After Zoe is jilted by her fiance Jason, she's unable to face the pitying looks of her friends and family. Fleeing to America, she is employed as a nanny by moody, difficult, but devastatingly sexy single dad Ryan.  


The Nearly-weds is the second book of Jane Costello's that I have both read and fallen in love with.

After you have read one book, there is always a fear when you read another by the same author that it won't be as good. Nothing could be further from the truth in this case. While the writing style is clearly the same, with cheeky charm and a flirty feel, the characters and settings are very much part of their own world.

I adored the character of Zoe and how she adapted to her new life in the States while trying to get over her ex. (Can I just mention here how glad I am that I didn't read this book before my own wedding? Might have given me a very bad case of the jitters!)

What I particularly liked was how Zoe's back story regarding the ex wasn't done in a oner, clobbering me over the head with details. Instead it was spaced out, allowing me to find out little bits at a time. It was interesting to see Zoe's story moving forward and while also peeking back over her shoulder to see what made her change her life.

As for the leading man...well, let's just say one thing, shall we? Swoon....

Zoe and her band of nanny friends are completely charming and I dare anyone not to wish that Trudie was a real-life friend of theirs. And the kids? Written to comic perfection with a slab of absolute truth.

The book will have you cackling with laughter (I personally lost it over the arrow), drooling with the romance and sexual tension and screaming advice to Zoe.

The Nearly-weds was another complete success for me and I cannot wait till April for Girl on the Run!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wench Writers

Wench Writers

My Awards

My Awards

Counter

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP