Wednesday 20 May 2009

Sleepiness

Okay, so first of all, what is the correct spelling of that word? The version I just used doesn't quite look right, but 'sleepyness' doesn't feel right either. Hmm...Okay, so if any intelligent people happen to stumble upon my little site, please feel free to correct me. Seriously, i could use the help.... Anyway, I did not sign on this morning to ponder the spelling of a word, but it does actually prove my point. I can't quite remember when the sleeplessness set in during this pregnancy, but I can assure you that it is now a very prominent role in my life. It's that time of the night when there is bugger all on TV and then your mind starts to get slightly dazed and confused...

2 comments:

Shelly Quade 6 September 2009 at 13:47  

You spelled the word right - at least, according to American standards.

If you're ever fretting about spelling (which I sympathize with, as it happens frequently to me), you can always turn to Dictionary.com. That site is the one I use as a quick dictionary & thesaurus reference.

Having never been pregnant, I can't claim insomnia via baby. I think the YA author Sarah Dessen had a similar problem, though, and a book evolved out of that experience for her (Along for the Ride). I personally consider Dessen to be a talented writer, and hope that you can feel a tie of kinship as you edit your own book.

Best of luck.

teeny104 24 September 2009 at 13:11  

Thanks so much for commenting (and for clearing up the spelling lol) Baby now born and insomnia well and truly gone. I wish my writing bug had bitten during pregnancy, I might have actually made use of the sleepless nights lol.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wench Writers

Wench Writers

My Awards

My Awards

Counter

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP