Monday 20 February 2012

Series Showcase Part Three: Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa

  • Paperback: 384 pages
  • Publisher: Mira Ink (21 Oct 2011)
  • Language English
  • ISBN-10: 0778304795
  • ISBN-13: 978-0778304791
  • In less than twenty four hours, I'll be seventeen. Although, technically, I won't actually be turning seventeen. I've been in the Nevernever too long. When you're in Faery, you don't age. So while a year has passed in the real world, agewise I'm probably only a few days older than when I went in. In real life, I've changed so much I don't even recognize myself. My name is Meghan Chase. I thought it was over. That my time with the fey, the impossible choices I had to make, the sacrifices of those I loved, was behind me. But a storm is approaching, an army of Iron fey that will drag me back, kicking and screaming. Drag me away from the banished prince who's sworn to stand by my side. Drag me into the core of conflict so powerful, I'm not sure anyone can survive it. This time, there will be no turning back.


Back with Part Three of the Iron King Series Showcase with a review of Iron Queen. You know the drill by now - I want to know what YOU thought!


Megan Chase thought her trials were over. She thought her time with the fey was done with; all her duties repaid. Now it was time to return home and be happy…be with her prince. Banished and exiled, Ash and Megan can finally be together. But Faery isn’t quite ready to let Megan leave yet.

Only Megan can penetrate the Iron realm and destroy the false king. Summer and Winter have joined forces to defeat the Iron fey but they are quickly losing ground. If Megan does not help, the Nevernever will soon be lost…and all of fey with it.

Megan soon finds herself in the midst of danger once again, her ever present guardians at her side. Puck and Ash, the rivals who are once again at each other’s throats over a girl. The amazing cait sith who guides them into the heart of danger and now…gremlins. And I seriously loved the gremlins.

Iron Queen had the most action of all the Iron Fey books and I literally found myself on the edge of my seat for the most of it. The tension reached dizzying heights, as did the romance. With Ash swearing his devotion to Megan, nothing can part him from her side.

Julie Kagawa leaves you with one heck of an ending that will have you tripping over your own feet to get the next book. 

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wench Writers

Wench Writers

My Awards

My Awards

Counter

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP