Tuesday 7 August 2012

Book Review: Confessions of an Angry Girl by Louise Rozett


  • Paperback: 304 pages
  • Publisher: Harlequin Teen (28 Aug 2012)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 0373210485
  • ISBN-13: 978-0373210480
  • Rose Zarelli, self-proclaimed word geek and angry girl, has some CONFESSIONS to make... #1: I'm livid all the time. Why? My dad died. My mom barely talks. My brother abandoned us. I think I'm allowed to be irate, don't you?

    #2: I make people furious regularly. Want an example? I kissed Jamie Forta, a badass guy who "might" be dating a cheerleader. She is now enraged and out for blood. Mine.

    #3: High school might as well be Mars. My best friend has been replaced by an alien, and I see red all the time. (Mars is red and "seeing red" means being angry-get it?)

    Here are some other vocab words that describe my life: Inadequate. Insufferable. Intolerable.

    (Don't know what they mean? Look them up yourself.) (Sorry. That was rude.)



Rose is angry about a lot of things. Her dad died. Her mom is pretty much non-existent. Her brother left. She has started high school. Her best friend has fallen in with a gang...of cheerleaders. And Jamie Forta kissed her, placing her on the hit list of head cheerleader. 
Confessions of an Angry Girl was a lot different from what I was expecting. For one, whilst Rose is a self-confessed angry girl, there was a lot of heart in this book. As is the case a lot, behind anger is heartache. After the loss of her father, Rose is struggling to come to terms with it. And just when she thinks she has found a true friend, a revelation makes her question everything. 
Rose’s voice was very real to me and while at times the book was quite slow, I did really enjoy it. And I will be reading the sequel. 

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wench Writers

Wench Writers

My Awards

My Awards

Counter

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP