Saturday 31 December 2011

The Best of 2011 - Top 10 Reads of YA & Adult


According to my Goodreads account, I've read over 140 books this year. I'm quite impressed with this number; it's more than last year but it is also inaccurate. There are so many books I borrowed and didn't record on Goodreads. So many I re-read. But here what it is a true account of - 140 new books discovered. So it was no wonder when I sat down to write my Top Ten Reads of 2011, that I struggled to pick only ten out of all those books. In the end, I said, sod it, I'll have two categories. So here they are - my favourite reads of 2011. They have made me cry, laugh, swoon, shift uncomfortably, want to hide it in the freezer, but they are all on this list for a reason. And here they are.

Top 10 Adult Reads of 2011

No. 10
 
I absolutely adored Stone Cold Seduction. Hot guys, fierce heroine, betrayal, lost memories and intense action. What's not to love?
No. 9
The movie does not do this book justice. An epic historical romance with the intoxicating pull of the circus.
No. 8 
This book put me through the ringer. I felt every emotion possible. Read it now, and get the tissues ready.
No. 7
This is to represent the entire Royal House of Shadows series. It was epic, amazing, romantic, hot and sweaty and just, well, amazing. 
No. 6
The Last Letter From Your Lover stayed with me a long time after I read it. Definitely one of my all time favourite reads.
No. 5
I really got into the WW2 historical romances this year. This was one of the best.
No. 4
Ethereal. Beautiful. Mesmerising. Blissful.
No. 3
And the Band Played on haunted me. 
No. 2
For another complete series. Kat kicks ass. Bones is...Bones...
No. 1
This series grabbed me by the throat and still hasn't let go. Rock on January for book 5!

Top Ten YA Reads of 2011

No. 10
Edgy. Gripping. Dark. 
No. 9
Edgy romance. One of my favourite non-paranormal reads of 2011.
No. 8 
One of my first trips into dystopian. And of course the beginning of a dystopian obsession.
No. 7
Andrea Cremer's world of Guardian wolves is dark and dangerous. And oh so intoxicating.

No. 6
Why am I always a sucker for a bad boy?
No. 5 
Forgotten was like nothing I'd ever read before. And haven't since. 


No. 4
Zombies and Victorians and hotties oh my!
No. 3
Two of my favourite things - romance and Greek mythology.
No. 2
See what I mean? Obsession...


No. 1
Do I really need to say anything?!



So there you have it. But I'm curious - what are some of your favourite reads of this year? Let me know!



2 comments:

Anonymous,  31 December 2011 at 07:39  

I took notes since I haven't read all of these.

My favorite 2011 reads were Imaginary Girls, Divergent, and The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer.

Happy New Year!

teeny104 31 December 2011 at 11:17  

Oooh I'll have to check those out! Thanks for stopping by :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wench Writers

Wench Writers

My Awards

My Awards

Counter

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP