Monday 26 September 2011

Book Review: Beyond the Grave


  • Paperback: 256 pages
  • Publisher: Harlequin; Original edition (23 Aug 2011)
  • Language English
  • ISBN-10: 0373210310
  • ISBN-13: 978-0373210312

A haunting new tale in the Past Midnight series...

I can’t move forward with my life until I know my demons are confined to the past...

Being Charlotte Silver, the daughter of famous paranormal investigators, means my life isn’t like that of other teenage girls. Especially after what happened to my parents. Things changed. I missed prom and deferred my big college plans. But I still have my boyfriend, Noah. He’s everything I could want—if I can figure out what’s up with him. Suddenly Noah is secretive.

I fear it has something to do with what happened to us three months ago. The bruise Noah suffered during a paranormal attack has never completely faded. Now I’ve learned Noah is researching demons. And when he disappears, it’s up to me to find him—before something else does




Beyond the Grave was spooky and chilling -  a haunting ghost story with a warm beating heart at its centre.

The series continues with this new instalment, joining Charlotte and her paranormal-searching family once again. After the awful events of One Hundred Candles, Charlotte’s family are trying to heal themselves and get back to normal. But they all know it won’t be normal until they are all reunited. And as Charlotte’s sweet boyfriend Noah starts acting strange, she realises that things might get a whole lot worse before they can get better.

Beyond the Grave has an intricate take on the ‘other-worldly’ and paranormal phenomenon. It has a typical ghost hunter style feel but the great and sympathetic characters take it into another level of amazing. While I enjoyed all the characters, I would have liked to see more development for them and for the sub-plots also.

The novel breathes loss with every page but its courage and unshakeable faith makes it almost inspirational. The main character of Charlotte is very determined and has great motivation – the salvation of her mother and boyfriend.

While it is said that this is the last in the series, there is definitely room for another sequel. 

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wench Writers

Wench Writers

My Awards

My Awards

Counter

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP