Sunday 16 January 2011

Holiday Reading

So...this post is a little late. Okay, a lot late. But better late than never! 

This holiday season, I gorged myself. Not on food, on literature. A food of sorts - nourishment for my soul. Reading is my absolute favourite pastime, so this holiday season it was an absolute delight to get a lot of it done.

My family are never surprised when I say all I want for Christmas is books, and this year's (wait - last year's) selection was amazing. Unfortunately, out of the 23 books shown above, I only have 9 left unread! One of my biggest pet peeves about myself is fast reading. Sometimes I have to force myself to go slower so I can enjoy the book better.

Anyway, I just wanted to share my lovely pile of books. I'm sure a few will look familiar, so if you have read any of them, let me know what you thought of them!

3 comments:

Nic 16 January 2011 at 11:30  

You go girl! You're on a reading frenzy. :)

I haven't read any of the books in your photo. lol

I know what you mean about reading fast. I tried my darndest to stretch out my last book (Where the River Ends) because I just didn't want it to end. It's difficult to take my time reading when it's a great book!

teeny104 16 January 2011 at 12:37  

It was a definite frenzy! Lol.

When I'm reading a book and I'm really enjoying it, I tell myself: you only get to read a book for the first time once. Savour it.

lol!

SGRMSE. 29 January 2011 at 03:22  

soooo many bookssss *drool*

i only wish i had the time :(

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wench Writers

Wench Writers

My Awards

My Awards

Counter

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP